Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ins and Outs of gay dating... part 2

Dates and the married man...

Quite a few years ago, I found myself going out w/ an older gentleman... I was, at the time, 24/25ish... and he was 40-something.  Very nice gentleman, but seemed to be very nervous when he asked me out, and also on our first date.

Our first date was dinner together, then walking around talking, getting to know each other... pretty straight forward and simple date.  Nice guy.  

Second date... pretty much the same thing... w/ the shocking reveal!  Steven, I have something very important to tell you... This man is sweating bullets... Ok?!  What is it that you have to tell me?
Well... it's hard to put into words... Um, Ok... you're...... JUST SPILL IT!  

So after a few minutes of awkwardness... he takes a deep breath and spilled his like like an overflowing glass... The words that came were pretty devastating.  

He started off by saying that he was sorry for what he was about to say.  He went on to say that he was married, and hadn't been happy for a long time... So this is why you are preying on a young gay man?  My thought as he's talking... and he continues to tell me that he is leaving her, to be with me.  Yeah, right!  (not out loud of course)  He was falling for me... dude, this is our second date... really?  I love you... not!  I barely know you.

Story completed, and I'm sitting there, thoughts racing through my head... first being, how the hell do i get out of here now?  HE DROVE!  ACK!  Also thinking... he knows where I live since he picked me up, and has my phone #'s... Dammit!  I have to move and get new numbers!  lol  not really... but after not answering or returning his phone calls, he did stop by my home a few times and knock... the last time, leaving a brief note... 

Steven, 

Wishing things could be in a better place for me.  I apologizing for not being up front with you about my situation and dropping that on you at dinner.  If you could please find it in your heart to forgive me, and please contact me.

Regards...

Married man (did you think i was going to put his name?  lol)

I felt weird receiving the note... but never contacted him back.

Now that I've recently relocated back to Raleigh... He found me on a chat site that I get on, and sent me a message inquiring if I was Steven... I acknowledge that I was in fact Steven... and wanted to know who he was.  When he revealed who he was, my stomach flipped... ACK!  why did I respond?  lol  
I didn't even recognize him... he had aged quite a bit... guess it was from the messy divorce, that he finally got FIVE years later... (Steven is thankful to not have pursued this gentleman. As a Glen Close moment flashed in my head... and my pet being boiled!)  I exchanged a few pleasantries with him, and wished him the best of luck... and response from him... Would you like to go out sometime?

No thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment